As a patient you have the right to …..
- See the doctor of your preference. If this is not possible, you will be offered alternative choices of doctor or day, to try to accommodate your request.
- access emergency medical care via your GP surgery at any time (This may involve using our out of hours service)
- be given a clear explanation of any proposed treatment, which is to be undertaken with your agreement.
- have appropriate medications prescribed
- be referred to a consultant - if your GP thinks it’s necessary
- be referred for a second opinion if you and your GP agree it would be advisable
- have access to your medical records, subject to legal limitations, and be aware that those working in the NHS have a legal obligation to keep medical information confidential
- request an annual health check if you are 75 years or over